Vicky has always been interested in natural health and wellness. When starting her family, she noticed how different foods affected her son's mood and behaviour. This spring-boarded her ongoing research into the importance of food choices and how it affects our well being.
2010 - Homeopathy for the Individual Terrain & Biotherapeutic Drainage
2010 - Studied and graduated as a Registered Holistic Allergist
2008 - Trained as a First Line Therapist
2008 - Women's Health & Natural Medical Intensive
2008 - Clinical Application for Healthy Breast Function & Lymphatic Drainage
2007 - Certified as a Healthy Breast Practitioner
2006 - Set up her practice at the Mountain Wellness Centre, 437 Concession Street, Hamilton, ON.
2005 - Graduated from The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN).
2005 - Received her designation as a Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner, RNCP, with the International Organization of Nutritional Consultants (IONC) a governing board for nutritionists.
Along with her passion for health and well being, Vicky and her children used their running to fundraise and support children in their community and in Haiti.
Long distance running
2009 - Completed road 2 hope 1/2 marathon
2008 - Completed road 2 hope 1/2 marathon
2007 - Completed road 2 hope marathon
2007 - Completed Run for the Grapes 1/2 marathon - St. Catharines
2007 - Completed Mississauga 1/2 Marathon
2006 - Completed Around the Bay Road Race - Hamilton
2005 - Completed the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon- Chicago, Illinois
2004 - Completed Around the Bay Road Race - Hamilton
2003 - Completed Run for the Grapes 1/2 marathon - St. Catharines
2003 - Various Tri-a-Tri's
2003-01 - Completed Run Toronto 1/2 Marathon
2003 - Completed Walt Disney 1/2 Marathon - Orlando, Florida
The following is a sample list , but not exhaustive list of some previous speaking engagements:
- Goodness Me Natural Food Market - Hamilton and Waterdown locations
- Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. - Lunch & Learn
- Friends in Fitness, Women's Gym
- Chartered Accountants Annual Business Meeting
- Runner's Den
- Dofasco's Running Clinic
- Ontario Christian Home Educators Connection (OCHEC)
- Healthy Breast Workshops
- Catholic Family Services, professional development day
- Elliott Height's Baptist Church - Women's group
- Just the Essentials
- The Women's Centre of Hamilton
- ENCORE, a support group for women who had or have breast cancer
- Running Room
- Sigma Beta Phi
- St. John's Lutheran Church - Mother-Daughter luncheon
- Organized and taught 3 sessions of 3-week Whole Food Cooking Classes for children ages 7 to 11.
- Formulated and taught a 10-week high school group on the "Science Within our Food"